Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Meet our NEW Librarian: Kelly Kraemer

Meet our new Business Information and Outreach Librarian: Kelly Kraemer. Kelly works with the following departments: Accounting & Finance, Economics and Global Business Leadership. Her office is located at Alcuin Library. Stop by and say "hi" to her!

We asked Kelly a few questions and this is what she shared!



What is your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
Is it too cliché to answer “reading books”? I love reading indoors and outside, especially in nice weather!

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
In grade school I kept getting in trouble for furtively reading books - hidden on my lap under the desk - instead of participating in class or paying attention to what the teacher was saying. I was always scolded for that at parent-teacher conferences.

What sound do you love?
I have a love-hate relationship with the sound of a cardinal’s bird call. Growing up, there were always cardinals in the tree outside my bedroom window that would sing loudly at insufferable hours in the early morning. They were such a nuisance! However, whenever I hear a cardinal nowadays it evokes fond memories of home. I really like cardinals, but not at 5:00am.

What is your least favorite mode of transportation?
Flying is definitely my least favorite way to travel. Airports can get a bit stressful and I don’t like being packed into a narrow metal tube with other people for long periods of time. I prefer to drive on road trips, where I can take time to enjoy the scenery or stop at an interesting wayside.

When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time?
When it’s just a small amount of time I like to catch up on the news, reading either from an RSS feed or a news app on my phone. I’m one of those people who like to keep up with current events.


-sg


No comments: