Monday, October 24, 2011

Meet the Librarians - Sarah Gewirtz!



Meet Sarah Gewirtz, the Information Literacy Librarian. She is the liaison librarian to the Education and Political Science departments. We asked her a few questions, and this is what she shared!

1) What was your favorite food when you were a child?
Kraft macaroni and cheese and frozen fish sticks. While I still like macaroni and cheese, my taste buds have matured and they only prefer homemade now.

2) What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Pretty much all of them but cleaning the bathroom and taking care of the kitty litter are probably the top two.

3) What is your favorite form of exercise?
When I had time I enjoyed jogging...I'm sorta still doing that by chasing my son around!


4) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I do not know. I know there have been times I've said, "I wish I could that" but couldn't tell you what "that" is.

5) If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Get a lawyer. Then pay off bills. Then a vacation for all my family.

6) What do you want to be when you grow up?
I hope after making my millions as a librarians (ha!), that I could open a bakery on the west coast (Washington or Oregon State).

7) What would you name the autobiography of your life?
"My Life is a Aaron Spelling Soap Opera". I'm pretty sure I could relate some aspect of my life to one of his many evening soap operas.


8) What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
Everything that has been hard for me has made me a stronger person. Moving, by myself, to South Carolina (and then Minnesota); working full-time while attending graduate school full-time; being a single parent are all examples of things that have been hard yet made me a stronger person.

9) When was the last time you were nervous?
At a recent conference - I had to present and while I was prepared it still makes me nervous.

10) At what age did you become an adult?
I don't think that will ever happen.

Contact Sarah at sgewirtz@csbsju.edu if you need any research assistance.

No comments: