Zen College Life has put together 85 reasons to be thankful for librarians (and libraries)! Here are a few:
2. Not all information is on the internet.
15. Somebody has to help lazy people find what they want.
22. Many libraries today offer enough DVDs to serve as a poor man’s Netflix or Blockbuster.
31. A library is much MUCH more well cataloged and organized than the internet.
56. Libraries provide free and abundant knowledge to everyone (a privilege people didn’t always have).
62. You can always make suggestions to librarians for specific books you’d like to see.
85. Regardless of what form a library takes, a librarian will always be ready to guide you to the information you need.
More of the list can be found here.