Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What's your favorite book?

Let's see if we can get some conversation going here!

What is your favorite book and why? Did it make an impact in your life? Does it just put you in a happy mood when you read it over and over again?

My favorite book....this is a hard one! I think I probably have two: "Like Water for Chocolate" by Laura Esquivel. That book I can read over and over and....it is pure romance. About forbidden love, and using recipes to connect with your lover. Yes, I guess I am just a hopeless romantic!

My other favorite is a classic: "Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. I first read that book when I was in 7th grade, and it is something any generation can relate too. Feeling misunderstood, and just not feeling as if you fit in; feeling helpless at times.

So, what are yours?


-sg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is probably Michael Kohlhaas which is available as part of a collection by Heinrich von Kleist. To link to an ISBN, by the way, in MnPALS, you can simply prefix the ISBN with the following URL

http://mnpals.csbsju.edu/F/?func=find-c&ccl_term=isbn%3D

so in my case it would be

http://mnpals.csbsju.edu/F/?func=find-c&ccl_term=isbn%3D0140443592
--DW

Anonymous said...

Catcher in the Rye by far is a classic for middle age people trying to find their identity. I love that book!!